Best Acupressure Points to Treat Common Body Pains
Best Acupressure Points to Treat Common Body Pains: Are you suffering from a chronic backache? Is a migraine giving you sleepless nights? Are long hours of working on laptop causing terrible shoulder pains? And are you forced to pop a pill every time the pain strikes? You don’t always have to rely on painkillers for pain relief for it has several side effects that may do more harm than good. Thousands of years ago, the Chinese developed a healing technique called Acupressure The Thus.
Best Acupressure Points to Treat Common Body Pains
Using pressure points on the body, the reflexologists and specialists treat medical conditions. Acupressure and reflexology are powerful yet gentle ways of healing pains and aches. Read on to learn more about effective pressure points to get rid of body pains and aches that you can use next time instead of taking a painkiller.
How to Use Acupressure Points to Relieve Body Pains and Aches
Acupressure and reflexology work on the same principles as acupuncture, except without needles. This alternative medicine technique promotes overall wellness and healing of medical conditions.
This technique functions on the concept of life energy, known as Qi in Chinese, and its effective flow through the “meridians” or channels found in our body. As per the Acupressure philosophy, when the flow of this energy is blocked in a meridian its causes stress, pain, trauma, and other problems. Hence, stimulating these channels and enabling proper energy flow is the primary focus of acupressure.
A Chinese theory suggests that there are twelve main meridians in our body. These channels connect the major organs and provide life energy to each. Hence, keeping the body healthy and sound. The goal of this technique is to restore mental and physical health and treat the ailments.
Practitioners use fingertips to stimulate acupoints and heal the body. These points lie along the meridians or channels found all over the body. Good news is you don’t need to be a reflexologist or specialist in acupressure to practice it. Also, healing doesn’t need designated time and space. It can be practiced literally anytime and at any place.
Effective Pressure Points on the Body to Relieve Pain
1. Joining the Valley: This acupressure point is also known as Large Intestine 4, LI4, or Hegu. It lies at the backside of the hand between the thumb and index finger. It is one of the most commonly used pressure points on the body for relief in fever, toothache, headache, back and shoulder pain. Applying pressure for a few seconds instantly stimulates the channel and provide relief.
2. The Third Eye: It can easily be located between the two eyebrows on your forehead. Simply pressing or massaging this point every day for 45 seconds can do wonders to you. It is a very powerful and effective point for pain relief as well as stress relief. Also, this muscle point relaxes muscle tension and stimulates brain chemical called endorphin which causes the body to relax. Furthermore, reflexologists recommend massaging this point every day to get rid of feelings of fatigue and eye strain. It also treats insomnia and sinus pain. Besides all the physical ailments, the third eye clears the way for spiritual growth and emotional stability.
3. Three Miles Point: Another most basic acupressure point is three miles point, also known as ST36 or Zu San Li in Chinese. This point lies at four finger widths below the kneecap and just outside the shin bone. By applying medium to deep pressure on this point for at least a minute, the person can treat stomachaches caused by various digestive system problems. It helps improve the digestion and alleviate the feelings of vomiting and nausea. This point needs firm pressure to activate. Therefore, it is suggested to sit with bent legs and press it with the help of knuckles, a pen, or a small ball. Also, it can treat a toothache.
4. Pericardium 6: Also known as P6 and Nei Guan in Chinese is located on the inner forearm, about three fingers width starting up from the wrist. Just there, it is found between the two tendons. It is considered useful for treating nausea and vomiting caused by motion sickness, pregnancy or other traumatic situations. Also, it is helpful to cure uneasiness after chemotherapy. Among many other benefits, it also relieves headaches, chest pains, stomachaches, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
5. Sea of Tranquility: CV 17 is a calming, nurturing and emotional healing point of our body. It is found at the center of the chest, just four finger width up from the base of your breastbone. Rubbing this point with fingertips for a minute restores emotional balance, calms anxiety, treats depression and other related emotional issues. Also, it cures headaches and corrects the imbalance of the nervous system. While massaging this acupoint, make sure you are sitting straight on the chair with your spine straight and taking slow deep breaths.
6. Heavenly Pillar: It is a pair of acupressure points also known as B10. They are easily located at the backside of the head, below the base of the skull. Reflexologists suggest it is the best pressure point to relieve stress and headache. Also, it helps in getting rid of neck pain, eye strain, and migraine pains. For best results, apply steady strokes for at least 2 minutes.
These are some of the most effective acupressure points used for common pains like neck pain, eye strain, headaches, toothaches, stomach pains and more. Now that you know which pressure points on the body can relieve pain, it is important for you to practice this regularly for chronic aches. When practicing acupressure find yourself a comfortable position and focus on breathing. Once you feel calm, start pressing the acupressure points for body pain for a few seconds to a few minutes, until you feel the point is stimulated. Pay close attention to your body and any sensations to determine the impact of the therapy. Remember, there is no side effect of this therapy, but it is not a replacement for severe illnesses.
- Top 6 Most Beautiful Spanish Woman In The World
- From Miri To Michal Top 10 Most Beautiful Israeli Women